Recruiting and Admissions Checklist
- Complete the student-athlete form below
- Take the SAT or ACT test
- Take two SAT II subject tests
- Visit the campus, talk to current players, meet the coach, go to a class, and visit our facilities
- Work with our coaching staff where able at the US Collegiate Development Camp
- Research the cost of Dartmouth and your financial aid options
- Complete an application for admission
Dartmouth Rugby Recruiting
At Dartmouth it is possible to combine an education at one of the world's top colleges with one of the nation's best rugby programs. The DRFC is interested in individuals who are serious about their education and committed to becoming the best rugby players they can be.
At its core Dartmouth is an Ivy League rugby team competing with the other 7 schools of the "ancient-8" in both 15s and 7s conference championship play. Dartmouth has successfully dominated the Ivy League over the last 6 and half decades. The team's fall season culminates with the Ivy League XV Championship. The winter is spent studying abroad or preparing for the spring season--the pinnacle of our year. The spring's focus is the USA Rugby D1AA National 15s Championship in April and early May, and then culminates with the USA Sevens Collegiate Rugby Championship at the beginning of June.
More importantly, the DRFC supports a wide range of individual player's goals. There are Dartmouth student-athletes who are members of the U.S. national team, the US Junior and / or Collegiate All-Americans, and team members regularly compete in other rep-level competitions. There are also plenty of students who are simply looking for a competitive and fun experience while attending one of the best undergraduate institutions in the country. There is one major constant through our long history: the commitment to the continued development and improvement of all our student-athletes on and off the field.
If you have any questions, please email our recruitment chairs:
- Fuller Winton '19 (email@example.com)
- Dylan Burke '19 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If interested in finding out more information about rugby at Dartmouth, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and our coaching staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
- US News ranks Dartmouth #1 for “Best Undergraduate Teaching”
- With its world-class faculty and facilities, and nationally and internationally renowned graduate programs in engineering, business, medicine and the arts & sciences, the school has resources that very few universities can match.
- The professors at Dartmouth are among the leaders in their fields, yet they remain fully committed to teaching. Even the most senior professors teach first-year courses.
- Founded 1769
- $3+ billion endowment
- Smallest Ivy League School, only “college” of the 8 universities. 4,000 undergrad students
- More than 2,000 courses
- 265 acres, more than 200 buildings
- Students from all 50 states, 60 different countries
- Roughly half of Dartmouth's students receive some form of financial assistance
- Last year, the College awarded over $60 million in need based scholarships. $33,000 was average grant for class of 2012.
- Dartmouth meets 100% of needs-based financial need.